December 2010 - December 2012 | Málaga (Spain)
Featured project: Composite Laminates Optimization Based on Genetic Algorithms
Genetic algorithms are inspired by biological evolution. This method allows us to copy the design mechanisms of nature.
They evolve a set of solutions or population through a series of iterations or generations. This is achieved through the following mechanisms or biological principles:
- Survival of the fittest.
- Mating or crossing.
- Genetic Mutation.
The program supports:
- Any geometry.
- Any set of boundary conditions.
- Any statement of load cases.
- Distributed computing.
- The addition of custom options.
The algorithm includes the following options and works with the finite element software ANSYS:
- Multiple load states.
- Static Analysis.
- Failure criteria.
- Displacement criteria.
- Low natural frequency (free and prestressed).
- Maximum load factor in linear buckling.